For the Crust:
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
For the Cheesecake Filling:
- 16 ounces (2 packages) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dulce de leche
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease or line a 9×9-inch baking pan with parchment paper, leaving some overhang for easy removal.
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter for the crust. Mix until the crumbs are evenly moistened.
- Press the crumb mixture firmly and evenly into the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Use the back of a spoon or a flat-bottomed glass to press it down firmly.
- In another bowl, using an electric mixer or a stand mixer, beat the softened cream cheese and sugar together until smooth and creamy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in the vanilla extract until fully combined.
- Pour the cheesecake filling over the prepared crust, spreading it evenly with a spatula.
- Warm the dulce de leche slightly in the microwave to make it easier to work with. Spoon dollops of dulce de leche over the cheesecake layer.
- Use a knife or toothpick to create swirls by gently running it through the cheesecake batter and dulce de leche.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 30-35 minutes, or until the edges are set and the center is slightly jiggly.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow the cheesecake bars to cool completely at room temperature.
- Once cooled, refrigerate the bars for at least 3-4 hours, or preferably overnight, to set completely.
- When ready to serve, lift the cheesecake bars out of the pan using the parchment paper overhang. Slice into bars of desired size and enjoy the rich, creamy goodness of Dulce de Leche Cheesecake Bars!
- These bars are a delightful combination of smooth cheesecake and the irresistible sweetness of dulce de leche, perfect for satisfying your dessert cravings.