Whether for breakfast, brunch or dessert Funfetti Christmas bread is a delicious festive treat that adds a playful touch to Christmas celebrations. This soft, colorful bread is sprinkled with chocolate chips and colorful candies, creating an explosion of flavor and color.
Its cheerful appearance also makes it an ideal edible gift for loved ones during the festive season.
1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
1 cup granulated sugar
2½ teaspoons vanilla extract
3 large eggs
½ cup sour cream
¼ cup whole milk
1¾ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
⅔ cup Christmas sprinkles plus more for topping
1¼ cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
2. In a large bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix just until combined then mix in the sour cream and milk until incorporated; set aside.
4. In a separate large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
5. Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
6. Fold in the sprinkles but do not overmix them or they could bleed into the batter.
7. Spread into the prepared loaf pan and bake for about 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean from the center and the top is just golden.
8. Remove from the oven and cool in the pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
9. Make the glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar, heavy cream, and vanilla. Spread the icing over the cooled bread and smooth out.
10. Sprinkle with extra sprinkles if desired then let set then slice.